National Education Policy | New Education Policy PDF | National Education Policy New Education Policy | What is National Education Policy? , Modi Education Policy
Friends, as you all know, recently the Ministry of Human Resource Management has changed the education policy. This change has been made under the chairmanship of ISRO chief Dr. K. Kasturirangan. Today we are going to provide you information related to National Education Policy through this article . With this, we will tell you the purpose of the National Education Policy and the features of the National Education Policy. We will also tell you about the changes in the education policy through this article. If you want to get all the information related to the National Education Policy, then you are requested to read this article of ours till the end.
- National Education Policy
- A live dashboard will be launched under the National Education Policy
- Now NCC course will be included in the courses of universities and colleges
- National Education Policy Advisory
- National Education Policy implementation process will be started soon
- Some important information related to Sarthak Yojana
- PM’s address to the nation on National Education Policy 2022
- National Education Policy will now include pre-primary in overall education
- National Education Policy will reduce the weight of school bags and homework
- National Education Policy Syllabus
- Some components of the National Education Policy Elementary Education
- National Education Policy Some components of higher education
- Quality Universities and Colleges
- Institutional Restructuring and Consolidation
- holistic and multidisciplinary education
- Best learning environment and student support
- teacher education
- Business studies
- Facilities provided under National Education Policy
- Features of National Education Policy 2022
- Some highlights of National Education Policy 2022
- Benefits of New Education Policy
- Four Phases of National Education Policy 2022
- New Education Policy 2022: Streams
- Procedure to register on MyNEP2020 platform
- Procedure to login to MYNEP2020 platform
National Education Policy
Under the National Education Policy, the policy of education in schools and colleges is prepared. The Government of India has launched a new National Education Policy 2020. Under which the government has made many major changes in the education policy. To make India a global knowledge superpower through the new National Education Policy . Now the Ministry of Human Resource Management will be known as Ministry of Education. Under the National Education Policy, education will be universalized from pre-school to secondary school with 100% GER in school education by 2030 (Medical and law studies not included). Earlier the pattern of 10+2 was followed but now the new education PolicyThe pattern of 5+3+3+4 will be followed. This National Education Policy was included in the manifesto of the Bharatiya Janata Party in the 2014 general elections.
A live dashboard will be launched under the National Education Policy
A live dashboard to monitor the success of National Education Policy 2020 will be launched from June 2021. The implementation process of this policy will be monitored through this dashboard. Emphasis will be laid on implementing policy changes at college and university level through this scheme . 181 functions have been identified by the Ministry of Education. Which are to be completed under the Education Policy 2020. These works include subject option in undergraduate and postgraduate courses, regional language based education, facility for admission and withdrawal of university degrees, credit bank system etc.
A task force has also been constituted by the Government of Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Goa. Which will study the implementation and related challenges of NEP 2020. Apart from this, a dashboard will be monitored by the Ministry of Education on monthly and quarterly basis and a time limit will be fixed for each task. The information of which will be given to the state agencies.
National Education Policy Implementation and Review Committee
An Implementation and Review Committee will be constituted by the Ministry under the National Education Policy. It will be conducted by the officials of Higher Education Department. The success of this policy will be evaluated through this committee. Apart from this, another task force will be set up for the credit bank system and converting IITs into multidisciplinary institutions. If there is a delay in the implementation of this scheme, then the concerned state and district level officers will have to answer.
New National Education Policy 2022
|what is the article about||National Education Policy 2022|
|Who launched the scheme||Indian government|
|beneficiary||Citizens of India|
|purpose of the article||The main objective of this policy is to universalize education and make India a global knowledge superpower.|
|Official website||click here|
|Scheme available or not||Available|
Now NCC course will be included in the courses of universities and colleges
As you all know, there is a provision to encourage NCC under the new education policy. Keeping this in mind, it has been decided by the UGC and NICT to elect NCC as an optional subject in the universities. Through NCC, the students of the country will be able to become disciplined and patriotic. There is a common alternative credit course for NCC. The information of which has been provided by the Commanding Officer of NCC Directorate to the Vice Chancellors of all Universities and Technical Institutions. Detailed information about this course has also been provided by the commanding officer through projection and briefing.
It has also been informed by him that NCC will be made an optional subject in many universities in the syllabus for the year 2021-22. All those students who will get admission as NCC cadets will be awarded credit B and C certificates in addition to academic credits. Apart from this, they will be provided the benefit of employment facilities given under various central and state government schemes.
National Education Policy Advisory
- The National Policy on Education was formulated in 1986 and revised in 1992.
- More than 3 decades have passed since this policy was made.
- During this period many changes have taken place in the economy of the society and in the world.
- Keeping this in mind, the National Education Policy 2020 was launched by the education sector to prepare students for the demands and needs of the 21st century.
- This education policy has been formulated through a consultation process adopting an inclusive, participatory and holistic approach.
- In which the opinion of experts, field experience, empirical research, stakeholder feedback etc. have been taken care of.
- After preparing the new education policy, it was uploaded on the portal. ji
- Views, suggestions, comments of stakeholders including public were received in this.
- After uploading on the portal, State, Union Territory Governments and Ministry of Government of India have been invited by the Ministry to give their views and comments.
- This policy was uploaded in 22 languages.
- Apart from this, a meeting was also held with the education secretaries in this regard and education dialogues were also held in many states.
- A special meeting of CABE on National Policy on Education was also organized.
- The meeting was attended by 26 education ministers from different states and union territories, representatives of states and union territories, members of CABE, heads of organizations, vice-chancellors of the university.
- Keeping in mind the suggestions of all these stakeholders, the National Education Policy 2020 has been implemented by the government.
National Education Policy Chronology
|Counseling process start date||January 2015 to October 2015|
|High level meeting of HRD Minister with Ministry of Government of India to invite suggestions||14 February 2015|
|Consultation meeting with State Education Ministry and Secretaries||21 March 2015|
|Formation of committee under the chairmanship of Late Shri TSR Subramaniam for implementation of new education policy||31 October 2015|
|Committee headed by Late Shri TSR Subramaniam submitted its report to the Ministry||27 May 2016|
|Important Recommendations of the Committee for Development of New Education Policy under the Chairmanship of Late Shri TSR Subramaniam||–|
|Some of the inputs prepared by the ministry for the draft National Education Policy 2016||June 2016|
|Report of the Committee for Development of New Education Policy and some of the inputs on the draft National Education Policy 2016 laid in both the Houses of Parliament||8 August 2016 and 4 August 2016|
|There was a short duration discussion on National Education Policy under Rule 176 of Rajya Sabha||10 August 2016|
|Education Dialogue with Members of Parliament||10 November 2016|
|Formation and expansion of committee for draft education policy under the chairmanship of Dr. K. Kasturirangan||24 June 2017|
|The committee headed by Dr. K. Kasturirangan submitted its report to the ministry.||31 May 2019|
|Draft National Education Policy 2019 uploaded on MHRD website for seeking suggestions from stakeholders||–|
|Suggestions invited on Draft National Education Policy 2019||15 August 2019|
|Organized a meeting with the state education secretaries of the school department||9 July 2019|
|Education Dialogue with Honorable Parliamentarians||31 July 2019 1 August 2019 2 August 2019|
|Meeting with State Education Secretaries of Higher and Technical Department||8 August 2019|
|CABE special meeting on National Education Policy||21 September 2019|
|Hon’ble Parliamentary Standing Committee Meeting on Resource Development||7 November 2019|
Sarthak scheme launched under National Education Policy
Continuous efforts are made by the government to improve the level of education. For this, various changes are also made by the government. Recently the National Education Policy has been launched by the government. Now for the successful implementation of the National Education Policy, the Samagra Vikas (Saarthak) scheme for students and teachers through quality education is going to be started by the Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank. The Sarthak plan has been prepared on the basis of consultations, consultations and suggestions from all the stakeholders such as States, Union Territories etc. Suggestions were sought from all the stakeholders by the Ministry of Education in this regard.
About 7177 suggestions have been received by the Ministry of Education. In the National Education Policy, 297 functions of recommendations of education policy have been clubbed together. For which the responsible agency and time limit have also been fixed. For all these works 304 quantities have also been earmarked under this scheme.
Launch of MYNEP2020 Platform
MYNEP2020 platform has been launched on NCTE platform by Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank. This platform will be functional from 1st April 2021 to 15th May 2021. Through this platform, a draft will be prepared for the development of National Professional Standards for Teachers and National Mission for Mentoring Program membership. Suggestions, inputs and membership for the draft will be invited from all the stakeholders through this platform. These stakeholders include teachers, education professionals, educationists and other education related stakeholders. This platform will continue to function as a digital advisory. The platform will help in documenting the two major recommendations of the National Education Policy .
This platform will be consulted by various individuals and organizations to prepare documents of two major recommendations of the New Education Policy 2020 by the National Council of Teacher Education. After this all the collected suggestions will be reviewed and draft will be prepared. After the draft is prepared, this draft will be made public. so that it can be reviewed. Based on the suggestions and comments received, a final draft will be prepared.
National Education Policy implementation process will be started soon
National Education Policy has been started in the year 2020. The implementation plan under the National Education Policy will be announced by the government soon. This is the third education policy after 1968 and 1986. Under the new education policy, there will be many important changes in the education system such as removing the traditional lines between different streams of education, providing more education material to the new generation of students etc. So that better education can be provided to the students. This education policy has been made for the coming 2 decades. This education policy will be implemented in a phased manner. A Shiksha Parv was organized in the month of September. The implementation of the National Education Policy was discussed during this Shiksha Parv. The Ministry had received suggestions from 15 lakh stakeholders through this Shiksha Parv.
Objective of National Education Policy 202 2
The main objective of the National Education Policy is to bring the education provided in India to the global level. So that India can become a global knowledge superpower. Universalization of education will be done through the National Education Policy. In the National Education Policy 2022, through the government, many amendments have been made in the old education policy. So that the quality of education will improve and children will be able to get good education.
principles of education policy
- Identifying and developing each child’s potential
- To develop the knowledge of literacy and numeracy in children
- making education flexible
- investing in a public education system
- develop quality education
- Connecting children to Indian culture
- research at an excellent level
- Teaching and Empowering Children Good Governance
- make education policy transparent
- Emphasis on using technology as much as possible
- focus on evaluation
- teaching a variety of languages
- To make children’s thinking creative and logical
- A 1-year implementation plan has been prepared for the new education policy through the scheme.
- The functions and activities of the new education policy have been defined in the Sarthak plan .
- It provides the goals, magnitude and time frame of the education policy.
- Through this scheme, all union territories and states will be helped in understanding the new education policy.
- The framework of Sarthak Yojana has been prepared by the Department of School Education and Literacy.
- This scheme will be released under the Amrit Mahotsav being celebrated to celebrate 75 years of the country.
- The scheme will be interactive, flexible and inclusive.
- A 1-year implementation plan has been prepared for the new education policy through Sarthak Yojana .
- It has also been prescribed in this plan that the state can also make changes in the new education policy according to the need.
National Education Policy Review
Now the process of review of these suggestions has been issued by the Ministry. A draft implementation plan has been prepared by the Ministry of Education under the National Education Policy. This implementation plan was prepared by the ministry in September 2020 itself. Feedback was received from the stakeholders of 31 states and union territories under the National Education Policy Scheme . This feedback was viewed by a group of experts and incorporated into the implementation plan. The process of implementation of this scheme is being finalized and soon the implementation process will be released by the Ministry. The ground work for the National Curriculum Framework has started and will be developed by the Ministry in the academic year 2021-22. Some details have also been given by the ministry under the National Education Policy, which is as follows:-
National Education Policy Details
- Vocational development has been made mandatory for teachers under the National Education Policy. For this a 50-hour module has been launched on the Diksha platform. This module will consist of 18 modules of 4 to 5 hours duration. Through this module in-service training can be organized for teachers. This module has covered all the aspects of primary education.
- A National Mission under the Foundation Literacy and Numerology Mission has been approved by the Ministry of Education.
- The e-learning through the DIKSHA platform will be greatly expanded by the government. So that e-content can be made available to the students.
- Mental health of students will also be given importance in the National Education Policy. For this an initiative has been launched by the government named Manudarpan. Counseling and emotional support will be provided to the students through this initiative. National Toll Free Number, Online Chat, National Level Directory and Database of Counselors will be developed under this Manudarpan Initiative.
- An MoU has been signed by NCERT with Indian Center for Sign Language Research and Training. Through this agreement, a dictionary of Indian Sign Language will be created for school education.
- CBSE examination reforms are being done in a phased manner under the National Education Policy. All these reforms will be implemented from 2021. Mathematics and Hindi, English and Sanskrit will be offered in two levels from the academic year 2021-22. In addition, there will be an increase in the contribution based questions in the board examination for class X and XII. These contribution based questions have been introduced in the board exams and are being increased at the rate of 10% every year.
Personal Education Policy Teacher Training
As you all know that the new National Education Policy has been implemented in the year 2020. In this education policy, the education system has been completely changed by the government so that the students can develop. On 7 January 2021, Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has given instructions to provide training to teachers for successful implementation of National Education Policy . National Education Policy will prove to be very beneficial for the future of the children of our country. Under this policy, education will be provided in mother tongue, skill training will be provided from secondary school and Indian education system will be strengthened at global level. There are many revolutionary reforms in the National Education Policy.
Under the National Education Policy , students will be provided value based inclusive education, their scientific temper will be developed and skill training will be provided to them. It was also said by the Education Minister that under the National Education Policy, there is a provision to establish National Education Technology (NETF) to use technology for imparting education and to develop online courses. Through the National Education Policy, now the students of India will also be able to compete at the global level.
new education policy
Many provisions have been made in the National Education Policy to further raise the level of quality of teachers. There will also be changes in the nature of Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) in the National Education Policy system. Till now TET exam was divided into two parts- Part 1 and Part 2. But now the structure of the school education system will be divided into four parts – Foundation, Preparatory, Middle and Secondary. Based on this, the pattern of TET will also be set. TET or NTA test score in the concerned subject can also be checked at the time of recruitment of subject teachers. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the examinations for all subjects and a Common Aptitude Test.
PM’s address to the nation on National Education Policy 2022
- On 7th August 2020, the Prime Minister of our country Shri Narendra Modi addressed the nation on National Education Policy.
- In his address, the Prime Minister discussed the main facts of the National Education Policy 2022 .
- The Prime Minister said that the new education policy will form the basis of a new India.
- The new education policy will make the students of India global citizens and at the same time this new education policy will also keep them connected with their civilization.
- Through this new National Education Policy, students will be provided an opportunity to follow their passion.
- In this address, the Prime Minister also mentioned about the Horde mentality.
- The minister said that students should map their interest, ability and demand.
- Students need to develop critical thinking.
- The Prime Minister also said that now we are going to enter such an era, if a person will not follow any one profession his whole life, then this new education policy has also been started keeping this in mind.
- The Prime Minister said that till now the education policy used to focus on what u think but this new education policy will now focus on how to think.
- To implement this new education policy, people associated with the education department will have a big contribution. Special attention has also been given to teachers training.
- In his address, the Prime Minister has also explained in detail about multiple entry and exit.
- The provision of teaching in the regional language till class 5 has been included in this new education policy.
National Education Policy will now include pre-primary in overall education
The Ministry of Education is involved in the task of successfully implementing the National Education Policy in schools. Meanwhile, it has been decided that from next year pre-primary will also be included in the overall education. This is a huge initiative. Efforts are also being made by the Ministry of Education to strengthen the online education started in schools due to the Corona period. The suggestion to send proposals from all the states under Samagra Shiksha has also been given by the Ministry of Education. On Tuesday, a high-level meeting was also organized by the Ministry of Education regarding the National Education Policy. Which was presided over by Union Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank ji himself. The implementation of the National Education Policy was discussed in this meeting.
No consensus has yet been reached regarding the changes. Soon the ministry will hold a high level meeting with CBSE, NCERT and NCTE. In this meeting, a decision will be taken about the changes to be made in education.
National Education Policy will reduce the weight of school bags and homework
Many new decisions have been taken under the National Education Policy so that education will be made better. Under this policy, the weight of the school bag for children of class 1 to 10 should be 10% of their weight. Books weighing more than this should not be for them. Along with this, it is forbidden for children to bring wheel carrier bags under the National Education Policy. Because it puts children at risk of injury. A digital weighing machine will be installed in all schools. So that the weight of school bags of all the children can be monitored. The policy document also states that the school bag should be light and should have proper compartments. The school bag should have 2 padded adjustable straps. Which can fit on the shoulders of children.https://pmmodiyojana.in/wp-content/plugins/wp-fastest-cache-premium/pro/templates/youtube.html#ER3vLj8Oi_E
student financial aid
The National Scholarship Portal will be expanded under the National Education Policy 2022 . Financial assistance will be provided to the children through this portal. So that the children are encouraged to study and progress. Private educational institutions will also be encouraged to provide scholarships to their children.
IITs to be set up as multidisciplinary institutes
Under the National Education Policy, engineering institutions like IITs will have to open doors for humanities students. IIT will move towards multidisciplinary education.
International Student Office for Foreign Students
Under this, India will be promoted as a global study destination providing quality education at affordable cost. Under this scheme, an International Student Office will be set up in each institution to host foreign students.
Establishment of National Research Foundation
National Research Foundation will be established. Through which a culture of research will be enabled. Researchers in India will be promoted with the establishment of the National Research Foundation. Due to which new research will emerge which will prove to be very important in the progress of the country.
Significance of Board under N EP
Under this the importance of board examination has been reduced. So that there will be less stress under the children. Now the board exam will be conducted in two parts. Under the new education policy, emphasis will be given on increasing knowledge.
National Education Policy Syllabus
Under the National Education Policy 2022 , the curriculum will also be reduced, only this course will be kept which is mandatory. With this, more attention will be given to critical thinking. Under this scheme, education will also be promoted through technology such as TV channels, online books, apps etc.
Vision of National Education Policy
The main objective of launching the Education Policy is to make India a knowledge superpower. So that changes can take place in the society. Through this scheme high level quality education will be provided to the children. Apart from this, through this scheme, emphasis will be given to the children on constitutional values, connection with the country etc. Through this policy, the feeling of pride of being Indian will be developed in the children. Apart from this, children will be able to acquire knowledge, skills etc. This scheme will prove beneficial in increasing the quality of education.
Some components of the National Education Policy Elementary Education
early childhood care
According to a research, 85% of the brain development of children occurs by the age of 6 years, in this situation the first 6 years are very important for the physical and mental development of children. Under the National Education Policy, a provision has been made to pay special attention to children up to the age of 6 years. So that the full development of the children can take place.
Basic Literacy and Numeracy
Under this component, Nipun scheme will be conducted to develop basic literacy and numeracy knowledge. The full name of this scheme is National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy. Through this scheme, knowledge of basic literacy and numeracy can be imparted to the students till the end of third grade. So that they can acquire the ability to learn reading, writing and arithmetic.
Lowering dropout rates and ensuring universal access
One of the main objectives of launching the National Education Policy is to reduce the dropout rate. The education system will be made flexible through this scheme. So that children can be able to get education easily. Children can choose the subjects they want to study. Under the new education policy, the choice of choice has been made flexible. Which will reduce the dropout rate.
5+3+3+4 School Curriculum
The education framework will be developed in the school curriculum of 5+3+3+4. In which children of 3 to 8, 8 to 11, 11 to 14 and 14 to 18 years of age will be able to get education. The first part of this outline covers the 3 years of preschool and the first and second grades of primary school, classes 3 to 5, classes 6 to 8 and classes 9 to 12. This framework has been prepared for the holistic development of the students.
Promotion of special talent and meritorious students
Under the National Education Policy, the talents of the students will be recognized and they will be promoted as well as developed. Assistance will also be provided to the students in identifying their talents and interests. Guidance and encouragement will also be provided to the children by the teachers. Through this policy, children will be able to identify their talent.
Ensuring education for all students
An important objective of the National Education Policy is to make education accessible to all students. So that social justice and equality can be achieved. Access to education is the basic right of every child. A provision has also been made by the government to provide free education to every child till the age of 14 years. Efforts will be made to make education accessible to all children through this policy. The Government of India will pay special attention to the education of girl students. Various steps will be taken towards providing education to transgender students also.
Efficient resource through school complex/cluster
This scheme is operated at national, state, district, block and school level. The school plays an important role in the implementation of the National Education Policy. The benefits are provided to the children by operating this scheme through the school. It is very important for all the teachers at the school level to have knowledge of this policy. This scheme will be operated at the last level by the teachers only. Information related to the implementation of this scheme will be provided to the teachers by the school management. So that the implementation of this scheme can be done in time. Apart from this, every state and district will be encouraged to set up Bal Bhavan in which children can participate in art, sports and career related activities.
setting standards for school education
Schools will have a school education regulatory system aimed at improving the quality of education. Research will be done by this system from time to time. The methodology for implementing the National Education Policy by this method will also be studied. Evaluation will be done after the policy is implemented.
National Education Policy Some components of higher education
Quality Universities and Colleges
National Education Policy Higher education plays a very important role for the development of the country and to reduce the unemployment rate. Higher education is provided through universities. In such a situation, various types of efforts will be made through the National Education Policy to improve the education of universities and to increase the quality of education. So that the youth of the country can become competent and their overall development can take place. Through this scheme such higher education will be provided to the children in which there will be multidisciplinary universities and colleges.
Institutional Restructuring and Consolidation
Transfer of higher education institutions into large and multidisciplinary universities, colleges, etc., through the National Education Policy. So that the fragmentation of higher education can be ended. Each higher education institution will aim to uplift around 3000 or more students. Social and mental development of the students will be done through these institutions. Through this policy, both public and private institutions will be developed. A fair system will be used to do this development.
holistic and multidisciplinary education
Holistic and multi-disciplinary education means to develop by collecting all the potential of human beings like social, physical, emotional, moral etc. A provision has also been made in the National Education Policy to provide comprehensive and multi-disciplinary education to the students. So that the all round development of the children can take place. For this a flexible curriculum will be developed. Higher education will have a choice of multiple entry and exit points. So that children can get education according to their interest. The duration of the Agri program can also be changed as per the requirement.
Best learning environment and student support
Students need to have a comprehensive approach to get education effectively. Which includes the appropriate curriculum, engaging teaching, continuous formative evaluation, adequate student support. Apart from this some other capabilities like fitness, good health, moral value base etc. are also very important for the students to learn for the betterment of the National Education Policy students. All these things have been included in the National Education Policy. So that the students can do their studies in a quality manner. Apart from this, internationalization of education will also be done under this policy. So that the number of international students studying in India increases and students of India can get an opportunity to do research in foreign institutions. A provision has also been made to provide scholarship to the students through this policy.
It is very important to build a competent team of teachers for imparting education to the students. This is also being emphasized a lot in the National Education Policy. Teachers are being prepared from basic education to higher education. In which they will be made to practice with the need of multidisciplinary approach and knowledge. Apart from this, it will also be ensured that the teacher is aware of the Indian values, language, knowledge ethos, traditions, tribal traditions etc. along with the teaching processes. Those institutions which will provide teacher education will also ensure the availability of experts in the subjects related to teaching as well as in the particular subject.
The number of students pursuing vocational education in our country is very less. Less than 5% of them in the age group of 18-24 receive formal vocational education. Whereas in other countries this number ranges from 50% to 75%. There is also a provision to promote vocational education under the National Education Policy . So that the all round development of the children can take place. Vocational education is considered to be of low importance in our country. Through this policy, the social perception associated with vocational education is to be removed and the knowledge of vocational education has to be made available to more and more students. Through this scheme, a target has been set to provide vocational education to at least 50% of the students through school and higher education system by the year 2025.
Facilities provided under National Education Policy
- Schools will also have to ensure that the quality of the mid-day meal is good. So that children do not have to bring lunchbox and water facility should also be properly available in schools. So that children do not have to bring a water bottle. Due to these facilities, the size of the school bag will be reduced.
- Class time table will also be made in schools so that the weight of children’s bags is reduced. The weight of all the books put up in the schools will be printed on them by the publishers. Their weight will also be taken care of by the schools while selecting the books.
- Homework of children has also been taken care of under the National Education Policy. Under this scheme, no homework will be given to the children till class II. Because the first and second grade students are very small and they are not used to sitting for so long.
- Children of classes III, IV and V will be given only 2 hours of homework each week. Children of classes VI to VIII will be given one hour of homework every day. And the children of class 9th to 12th will be given 2 hours of homework every day.
Features of National Education Policy 2022
- The Ministry of Human Resource Management will now be known as the Ministry of Education.
- Under the National Education Policy, education will be universalized, in which medical and law studies have not been included.
- Earlier the pattern of 10+2 was followed but now under the new National Education Policy, the pattern of 5+3+3+4 will be followed. In which there will be 12 years of schooling and 3 years of pre-schooling.
- Vocational Testing Internship will be started from class VI onwards.
- Education will be provided in the mother tongue or regional language till the fifth standard.
- Earlier there was Science, Commerce and Arts stream. Now there will be no such stream. Students can choose the subject as per their wish. Students can also study account or any subject of arts along with physics.
- Students will be taught coding from class VI onwards.
- All schools will be digitally equipped.
- All type of content will be translated into regional language.
- Virtual labs will be developed.
Some highlights of National Education Policy 2022
- There will be many entry and exit points with appropriate certification for higher education.
- Undergraduate courses can be of 3 or 4 years duration. In which there will be many exit options. Which will be with proper certification like if the student has studied in 1 year undergraduate course then he will be given certificate, after 2 years advanced diploma will be given, after 3 years degree will be given and after 4 years bachelor with research degree will be awarded.
- Academic bank of credit will be formed in which digital academy credit earned by the students will be stored through various higher education institutions and will be transferred and counted for the final degree.
- The new National Education Policy aims to reduce the dependence on text books by emphasizing on learning.
- National Testing Agency will offer Common Entrance Test for admission in higher education institutions.
- At least one major multidisciplinary higher education institution will be built in every district by 2030.
- The target of making all higher education institutions as multi-disciplinary institutions by 2040 has been kept in this new education policy.
- The Higher Education Commission of India will be the sole body for overall higher education. (Except Medical and Legal Education)
- The Higher Education Commission of India will have four verticals which will be National Higher Education Regulatory Council, General Education Council, Higher Education Council and National Accreditation Council.
- Under the education policy, government and private education human beings will be equal. And changes will be made in education for people with disabilities.
Benefits of New Education Policy
- 6% of GDP will be spent for implementing the National Education Policy.
- There will be an option to study Sanskrit and other ancient languages of India in studies. Students can study these languages if they want.
- Changes will also be made in board examinations. It may happen that board exams are taken twice a year to reduce the burden on the students.
- Artificial intelligence software will also be used to make studies easier.
- MPhil degree from higher education is being abolished.
- Extracurricular activities will be placed in the main syllabus.
- Students will be taught 3 languages which will be decided by the state at their own level.
- The National Curriculum Framework for School Education will be prepared by the National Council of Educational Research and Training.
- To implement this new education policy , many institutions will be established so that this policy can run smoothly.
- Under the new National Education Policy, special attention will be given to the education of children along with their skills.
- Under the new education policy, if a student wants to leave a course in the middle and enroll in another course, then he can take a break from the first course for a certain time and can join the second course.
Four Phases of National Education Policy 2022
The National Education Policy is divided into four phases which is a 5+3+3+4 pattern. This new pattern includes 12 years of school education and 3 years of pre-school education. The New National Education Policy will have to be followed by both government and private institutions. The four phases of the New National Education Policy 2021 are as follows.
Foundation Stages are for children in the age group of 3 to 8 years. Which includes 3 years of pre school education and 2 years of schooling (Class I and II). The foundation stage will focus on the development of language skills and teaching.
Children from 8 years to 11 years will come under the preparatory stage. This includes children from classes 3 to 5. The aim of the teachers will be to develop the language and numerical skills of the children in this stage. In this stage, children will be taught in the regional language.
Children from classes 6 to 8 will come under the middle stage. Children will be taught coding from class 6 onwards and they will be provided with vocational tests as well as internships.
Children from class 9 to 12 will come in the secondary stage. Like earlier children used to take Science, Commerce and Arts streams. But now it has been abolished. Now children can take the subject of their choice. For example, children can take commerce with science or arts with commerce.
New Education Policy 2022: Streams
Under the National Education Policy 2022 , students will no longer have to choose any one stream. Now students can study science stream along with arts stream, arts stream along with science stream. Each subject will be seen as an additional course not a value course which includes Yoga, Sports, Dance, Sculpture, Music etc. NCERT will prepare the syllabus as per the National Curriculum Framework. Physical education will be included in the curriculum. There will be no separation of vocational and academic streams so that students get a chance to develop both the abilities.
B.Ed now 4 years old
Under the National Education Policy 2021, BEd has been reduced to 4 years. By 2030, the minimum qualification for a teacher will be a 4-year B.Ed program. Strict action will be taken against all standalone educational institutions which do not follow the prescribed standards.
focus on vocational studies
Less than 5% of the students pursuing vocational studies in our country. Keeping this in mind, under the new education policy, students from class VI to class VIII will be given focus on learning vocational studies. Including gardening, wood work, pottery, electric work etc. Under the new education policy, a target has been set to teach vocational studies to at least 50% of the students by the end of 2025.
Education in mother tongue or regional language
As everyone knows that if children are taught in their mother tongue or regional language, then they will be able to understand the matter more easily. Keeping this in mind, under the National Education Policy 2022 , a provision has been made to teach children in their mother tongue or regional language till the fifth standard. Now teachers will have to provide education to the children in their mother tongue or regional language till the fifth standard. Efforts will also be made to make the text books available in the regional language and in case the textbook is not available in the regional language, the medium of communication between the children and the teacher will be the regional language. From class one onwards, two to three languages will be taught to the children.
Recruitment of Teachers
Under the National Education Policy 2022 , if there is a shortage of teachers speaking the given languages. In this situation, special efforts will be made to recruit teachers who speak the given languages. Under which retired teachers can also be called again.
Emphasis on teaching foreign language
In secondary school, children can also learn the foreign language of their choice. In which there will be French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese etc. All these efforts are an attempt to make India’s education globally recognized.
Procedure to register on MyNEP2020 platform
If you want to register on the MYNEP2020 platform, then you have to follow the procedure given below.
- First of all you have to go to the official website of MYNEP2020 platform .
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the registration option.
- After this a new page will open in front of you in which you will have to enter the following information.
- first name
- middle name
- last name
- date of birth
- mobile number
- E mail ID
- Now you have to click on Register option.
- In this way you will be able to register on MYNEP2020 platform.
Procedure to login to MYNEP2020 platform
- First of all you have to visit the official website of MYNEP2020 platform .
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on the login option.
- After this a new page will open in front of you in which you will have to enter your username, password and captcha code.
- Now you have to click on the login option.
- In this way you will be able to login to the MYNEP2020 platform.
Through this article, we have provided you complete information related to the National Education Policy . If you are still facing any kind of problem then you can solve your problem by contacting us through below given contact details. The contact details are as follows.
- Email Id- [email protected]
- Contact Number- 011- 20893267, 011-20892155
Friends, through this article, we have provided you all the important information related to the New National Education Policy. This education policy is a revolutionary decision of the government, which will prove to be very beneficial for the students in future. Friends, we hope that you have understood all the information related to the National Education Policy . If there will be more updates in the National Education Policy , then we will definitely tell you through this article. You are requested to stay connected with us.